10 February 2015

30 is just 21 with 9 years experience

So, yeah, life's been a little bit crazy over the past few months.

We've had Christmas and New Year, I turned 30 (and it wasn't as tough as I thought it was going to be), works been crazy busy too! I feel like I just get home and it's time to start all over again! So I've taken a little time to write the mandatory 'catch-up' post.

So my 30th birthday wasn't a huge disaster, I didn't wake up grey with masses of wrinkles. In fact it was pretty awesome. I was spoiled massively. There was Harris Tweed, Rox, alcohol, jewellery, Radley watch. I done very well. And on top of that Jamie's parents bought me driving lessons. I'm currently on my third and so far so good. 


On my actual birthday Jamie had booked a table at Chaophraya, if you don't know it, it's a LOVELY Thai restaurant in Edinburgh that has spectacular views of Edinburgh castle. There is a roof terrace that would be great for Summer time but as it was winter it was safer to stay inside. The food was amazing. I've never had proper Thai out in a restaurant so stuck with safe dishes, prawns with sweet chilli dip for starter and Thai green chicken curry for main. The chicken was like butter, sooo soft, and I could have lived off the sauce alone. Jamie had black pudding & scallops for starter with a Thai twist and sizzling chill steak for main. We also had some 'sticky' rice which lives up to it's name!! Afterwards we popped to 52 Canoes for 'a' drink, which resulted in us leaving around 12.30. 



On the Friday we went out a did some Winter Wonderland bits and bobs, sampled some cheese and the thinks you feel a little obliged to do at this time of year. 


And on the Saturday before (as we had a wedding on the Saturday) I had a great night out with my lovely friends in Pivo. Usual protocol is we'll go the The Black Bull but as there were a few more folk out that normal, Bob - the loveliest bar manager in Edinburgh - suggested we use Pivo. Jamie, being the little scamp that he is, had gone in earlier after rugby to put up photos and banners, whilst Bob provided the biggest chocolate cake I've ever seen!! I had a fantastic night and we danced the night away till 2.30 - not bad for an oldie!! 



Christmas and New Year were both ace, lots of food and drink, more gifts and although I only had a little bit of time off work, we made the most of it.

Hopefully I should have some exciting news to share soon....hopefully!!